火曜日, 12月 29, 2009

Bonus - BBC Learning English message boards

I tried to ask a question in BBC learning English message boards,
but I had no inspiration to make a question like phases or sentences to ask.

I decide to ask the question what I have been curious for long time although it's not a high level question.


My Question

Dear teacher,

When I got the letters from foreigners, they wrote "XOXO" in the end of the letters.
I don't know the meaning of "XOXO", could you tell me?

thank you.

Lin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted by SCV

It means "hugs and kisses": X is for kisses and O is for hugs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether the person is a teacher or not.
But he or she helps me the meaning of X and O.
Just young people use this word?
Maybe it's not a good question to test the board...

When I have an English question in the future, I'll try this board again!

2 コメント:

littlecute さんのコメント...

U are a clever student.this year is the final year for u and u have to dicided to many things,cheer up!
do u like mountaineering?if u wnat to go u can find me at weekend!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR YOU!!~^^~

Sally さんのコメント...

Lin, it's indeed an interesting question to ask. I learned something from it too.
In the board, these who answer your questions are English teachers hired by BBC. So i think you could trust their answers.